Thursday, October 25, 2007

Trim the tree


Trim the tree
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
Ha, more Xmas cards... I do plan on doing the MFT sketch challenge from SCS, just haven't got the time.

This is from a great set of cards at Paper Source. I think I score those at their warehouse sale, and since I went on Sunday they marked down the prices even more. Seriously, if you're ever in the Chicago area, that's where their warehouse is located, and if you can beat the elbows of anxious brides, you can pick up some pretty cool stuff.

That said, I go the card set from PS, was playing around w/ the birds. I contemplated on coloring the rest of the tree in, but also didn't want to overwhelm the card and myself with more color. It's pretty busy already. Don't you hate it sometimes you got a good basic sketch but you just can't stand it and wanted to add more to it. But by doing that, you just overwhelm the card, and go to the point of no return. That happens to me, especially I do so much DTP stamping that it can go to hades pretty quickly.

Anyway, that reminds me of a pottery painting that a bunch of my friends and I do. And one friend is truly artistic. She started painting a very pretty bowl but after hearing some bad news totally ruined it. So, we called it the Tempest bowl, nice on one side, not so much on the other.

That said, this is one of the ones hopefully not too overwhelming but still cute. I did colored in the birds to make them BlueBirds, but because the green cardstock has texture on it; it looks a little faint. But you get the point.

Supplies:
Card by Paper Source
Background stamp by Stampendous
Tree & birds stamps by Hero Arts
Ornament by Jolee
Rub-on by Making Memories

1 comment:

Estivalia said...

perhamps stamping the bird on a different cs/do trimming it and glueing onto the card would have worked to make the blue stand out :) (i'm not sure, is that technique called "paper piercing"?)

it's a lovely card either way, so cool you got those stamps on sale, they're pretty cute