Monday, March 23, 2009

Tree for you


Tree for you
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
Hello, reporting live from Altanta, GA!

I'm actually just working a few days here. I did get a chance to go scoop out the LSS here. I went to meet Bonnie at Impressive Ideas. The whole town where this store is located it's so nice and homey kinda of feeling. There's a town glass place, a pub, a hip eatery, Krispy Kreme. Neat looking shops that combines the modern and old town feel. It's very homey to me.

The stamp store is in a little house. It looks little from the outside, but don't let it fool you. I was impressed w/ all that Bonnie has in there. Well, first, I have to tell you that I was lost getting there. It is on the north suburb of Atlanta, so I'm definitely fish out of water at someone else's turf. She was so kind, I was getting there 10 mins till close, she remained opened so I can shop.

I'm so thrilled, because for some reason, living in the 4th largest city in the country, there's no stamp stores around. We have several scrapbooking stores, but no good stamp stores. And trust me, I hate to do a bunch of online shopping, I'd much rather support LSS, but if you don't have any where you are, you have to get your fix some how.

So, Bonnie and I had that conversation, that online stores are killing LSS like hers because not having overhead of a brick and mortar, and then, can load and ship faster. But, personally, I still treasure the people interactions.

That said, I was thrilled to be in her store, she has the Outlines, TCPs, DeNami's, Hero Arts. But, she does have the smaller stamp makers and stuff too, which gives me an opportunity to see stamps I wouldn't usually get exposed to. So, that was a neat experience to itself. I did get one of my 'wanted' sets. So, I'm good for a while, until the next round.

Anyway, back to the card, it's not really my style. One of the ones I did at the class, but I like the color combo, so it stays!

All Supplies by SU

1 comment:

Sandie C said...

This looks wonderful - great layout and colour combo.