Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sympathy card


Sympathy
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
**This is a special post dedicated to my friends who recently lost their son**

It is always hard to make sympathy cards. It usually mean someone is severely ill or someone had passed. Either way, it's hard to make a card like that for someone.

I understand that I will never understand what my friends are going thru. But I desperately want them to know that I want to be there for them, hug them, hold their hands thru this difficult time.

Unfortunately, everything I can say or do comes out cliche' and hollow. But, I meant them sincerely. Just hope that in time they know that their friends love them, are here for them.

This will be the 2nd funeral I've ever been to in my life. I've been blessed that I didn't have many of those to attend. I did missed a few, one it was just too difficult to go, not only do I not know the person's family (just know her and her husband), but she was the kindest person in the craft world in Houston. I just can't bring myself there, as though, if I didn't go, it didn't really happen. Another one was a dance person, at one point he was a good friend, but towards the end, he pushed alot of his friends away, and I just didn't feel right going.

So, that brings us here... may he find the peace he needed, and be well taken care of in God's hands.

Supplies:
Card by DCWV
Cardstock by SU
Flower stamp by Verve
Word stamp by MSE

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

sorry about having to make a sympathy card...those are the toughest to design. You did a great job on yours...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) The image of the diving girl is from the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel line...they call it their "Snorkel elements".

Have a great weekend...