Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anna Griffin thank you card


Anna Griffin thank you card
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
Thank you everyone for pitching in on the window card. There was a question about what type of ink to use best with the plastic. The answer is StazOn. I had used craft ink and didn't work too well. Frankly, I'm still afraid to touch it, little to say send it to someone. So, that'll be a re-do. Anyway.... on to the card!

Every so often I will scower Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn's clearence bin and see what I can find. Some days I have better luck than others. I usually have better luck right after they have a new shipment of new stuff. Sometimes being inside the city doesn't serve that purpose either... I tend to find better deals outside of the Loop in the suburbs areas.

So, I had picked up a bunch of Anna Griffin's card packs. I don't think they make those anymore. But I picked them up for $2 and it's just fun and I love them. The main reason is that sometimes when I'm in a rut, I can just play around with what is given and hopefully jump start from there.

I had fun playing w/ this set, and I did deviate from their suggestions. It's kinda neat to just not think and follow instructions once in a while. Can I tell you that this project had me revive my Bow Easy? If you don't know what a Bow Easy is, it's the best $5 I've ever spent on a whim. You can see a tutorial here. And I know you can type Bow Easy in YouTube for instructions.

Basically, it guarantees to have perfect bow every time. The little card is small but you can make 7 different sizes bow. The trick, however, is to remember to go over and under the little thingamajig. If you watch the video, you'd understand. Like I said, best $5 I've ever spent.

Anyway, gotta go back to my audit. Have a great day!

Supplies:
All supplies by Anna Griffin

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this card. Very elegant and the bow is perfect.

I was on the fence about bow easy but you have pushed me over- I'm ordering one. I have heard good things and the videos made it easy to follow to use tool.