Monday, July 27, 2009

gray/green K


gray/green K
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
It's Monday again... I swear, as you grow up, the hours of the day goes by faster on weekends than weekdays. When I was little, they seem to be all pretty even, but now, it's harder to enjoy the weekend when you have stuff to do, and during the weekday you're thinking about what you need to do for the weekend. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, that said, I made this card for my friend Kristine in Atlanta. One day, she called to get my address. Then, next thing I know, 2 days later, I got a Hello Kitty Messenger bag. It's funny, once people know what you like they will find things that you didn't know existed out there. What's more awesome, is that my friends will know it's me and get it for me. Talk about awesome friends!!!

Anyway, she sent me the bag and I wanted know send her something nice in return. So, I did some cards for her, so I'll be showcasing them here this week.

She's very much a monogram type person, so a card like this would be great for her. I found my Paper Salon tins, you never know where I hide things... (side bar: the other day I went to Archivers to buy some stickers, and I don't know where they went now. I know it's in my crap room (aka the craft room) but no idea where I hid it.) So, things turn up occasionally when I'm not looking. And there they appeared, very serendipitous. So, it's perfect for a monogram card.

I also got me some Martha's Alpha on discount, so here I got my card. Yay!

Supplies:
card by SU
Patterned Paper by DCWV
Circle stamp by Paper Salon
K stamp by Martha Stewart
bling by Paper Studio

No comments: