Monday, July 6, 2009

Flower birthday


Flower birthday
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
I saw the Craft Plastic at the store and I had a $25 gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I'd figured what the heck.

So, here's my thing about craft plastic. Either I don't know what the hell I was doing, or I'm not using the right ink, or just a user defect. Here's why:

I got the plastic, and I cut just enough for the card front and a tad to overlap to the back, because I'm a cheapskate. I didn't want to kill the entire piece of plastic, which that's what I do w/ paper too. That's probably why I have so many little bits and pieces of scrap papers.

ANYWAY! So, I stamped it w/ white ink and thought, ok... that'll work. It looks pretty, it looks good. Except, I smeared the image. You can't tell, it was quite strategic... NOT! But, you can't see it. I tried to take a picture of it, and some of the ink is on my thumb. Hmm... :-/

Well, I don't think I'm brave enough to emboss or attempt to dry it off... so I'm going to try again with another type of ink. So, wish me luck.

Supplies:
Card by DCWV
Patterned Paper by Memory Box
Craft Plastic by Grafixarts
Word stamp by Stampendous
Flower stamp by Inkadinkado

3 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't tried craft plastic yet. What ink did you use?

Allison Rankin said...

You have to use Staz-on to get this technique to work...I love the effect though. Pretty design with the circles!

Michele Kovack said...

This looks lovely....No mistakes are apparent at all! I usually use Staz on or sprinkle clear embossing powder to set the ink. : )