Friday, July 31, 2009

Pearls


Pearls
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
This is 3 of 4 card series for my friend Kristine... She's an awesome cupcake baker, and if anyone has a birthday, she would bake couple dozen. And it's awesome frosting...

I thought this is awesome of her and her cupcake and thought it's only right to have a cupcake card in the series for her.

My idea w/ the card originally was like Savvy Stamps where you have the pretty background and then a stamp in the front. The problem is, sometimes what works out in my head doesn't translate in person or reality. My thing, usually, is that I like alot of lined stamps (which is what this medallion stamp is) versus solid stamps. That's what I buy most of the time, and that works better w/ a background like this. Also, I'm sure if my ink was lighter color, like w/ shadow inks, that'll work too. Hmm...

Anyway, I just thought the pearls are so Kristine that works well together. Nice gate background, nice cupcakes, and nice pearls. :)

Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
Card by DCWV
Pearls by Hero Arts
Background stamp by Anne Griffin
Medallion stamp by Hampton Arts

No comments: