Friday, December 7, 2007

Shopping gal



Can I just tell you all that I'm obessed w/ Rubber Romance? Well, I got this stamp a while back, but just now have time to play w/ it. I just love the shopping gal. She's so chic and wore that black mini nice and clean. I just LOVE her!
Well, as you can see, the left one is just the image colored in on top of patterned paper. Which btw, I love. The right one is more subdue, but shows off her shopping bags. I love the paper piecing technique. It's simple yet impressive. Definitely changes the way the image looks and feels. I was thinking about changing her dress and hat next. Pretty much the whole image would've been cut out by me and re-piece together.
Well, I'm prolly not going to do much cards for a week or two. Mainly because we got ourselves some bookshelves from Ikea, did I already tell you this? And I have to pack up my messy craft area and put up the shelves. It's going to be very interesting. Reason being, it's labor intensive. My hub has very short attention span. And I have alot of crap. I didn't even remember buying some of the stuff. I should do a before/after photo so you guys can see. But, I've already clear off one desk have another one to clean. Eeep! So, mean time, no playing for me.
Altho, timing is not very good in that I just got my Craft Secrets order, my other Rubber Romance order, and my cool witch from Terberco from Etsy. Not to tempt anybody but did you guys know that All that Scrap has a free shipping policy for any order over $10? I can't help myself and got the Little Bits Kits. Also, My Favorite Things raised their minimum order for free shipping to $40. Which is fine, I do that much damage each time I order anyhow. Otherwise, if you like Savvy stamps there is a 40% sale at Stampin' Treasures.
Ok, that's it. Hope that enabled you to buy some stamps to feed into this addictive habit hobby of ours. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like paper piecing. I noticed the bags on image 2 straight off!

Good luck with your crafts stuff reorg.

Molly said...

Hi there! I know you don't know me well, but I just wanted to let you know about something I am putting together for Janelle for her bday! Here's the info (and i put it on a post that she hopefully will not look at, as it is down a bit, fingers crossed, until AFTER her bday! :D)

Info:

Ok, all, Janelle's bday is on Thursday!!!! EEEKKK! I know that this is a crazy time of year, but I was thinking that maybe we could just make her a card (heck, use one of her card sketches for that, right! :D) and post it on Thursday, for her? She hates that her bday is so close to Christmas, so this would make it extra special for her. Believe me, I totally understand if you can't, as this is the holidays, and, I am, of course, last minute, but I thought I would put it out there! :) Thanks, everyone, and have a Merry Christmas!

If you need to email me, it is molly@scrappersdailydose.com

Thanks, oh, and you can post it at CSD! :D