Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I wanna be a cowgirl


I wanna be a cowgirl
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
So, remember I took a trip back in June to Vegas? While we didn't gamble, still lose money... to shopping. This is one of the stamps I got form when I was at Viva Las Vegas stamp.

As much as I love going to the stamp store, if you're allergic to pets, this is not a place for you. You probably have better luck picking from their catelog than go in person. I'm not kidding. They are a mile away from the last hotel on the monorail. Not only that, it's easy to cab out there, but no way to cab back, because the it is near schools and local business (read: not tourist money). So, in June in the 100 degree heat, my poor friend was a good friend and walked with me a mile out from middle of nowhere back to the strip.

On top of that, the owner guy was grumpy, his helpers were nice and friendly but the guy has 3 cats and a big dog on his lap. You can't see him as he barricade himself with paperwork and stamps. But I do recall seeing a big chair and computer back here w/ a dog sleeping.

When I pull out this stamp to use, I found a cat hair. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but I am also allergic, so that's not-so-good.

Enough complaining, I had fun making this card, it's very Western. I find that very funny because I don't own a pair of boots, and not even a cowboy hats. That should de-mystify that we don't ride our horses to work, and not everyone wear their cowboy gears to businesses around town. Not that you don't often see that on the weekends, but just that we don't like they show on TV.

Supplies:
Patterned paper by SU
Background stamp by SU
Girl stamp by Viva LasVegas Stamp

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great card- I am so disappointed that Stampo was grumpy while you were there. I always heard he was friendly and such. Maybe you caught him on a bad day.

I love that stamp.