Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wine Charms, peeps!



So, I was reading the Verve Blog and thought how brilliant is that? I'm using my Shrinky Dinks for cards, they're using it for charms. That's freggin' brilliant!!!

While I was browsing for new classes at Sew Crafty to see what's new, Sarah (the owner) is slated to do easy earrings. I told her, if you're using wire, you can just do a wine charm, and use the same materials. Turn out, she's using other materials to do the earring class, but she liked the wine charm idea. So, in her briliantness, we're going to do a Wine Charm Class.

I'm predicting that people will be stoked about the Shrinky Dinks, talk about bringing back your childhood memory. I actually have never played w/ them as a kid, but I got to as an adult and love love love love it!

Funnier yet, my friend Michelle, whom I was hanging with this weekend, thought that was a brilliant idea and did a set to sell at the craft fair, one set for Doggie lovers and one set for Winter/Holiday theme. This is so cool. How one little post on someone's blog inspire a small trend. I'm excited!!!

If you're in Houston, please sign up and join the fun! We'll be having wine and refreshments while making our wine charms.

Supplies:
Beads & wire hoops (generously donated by my friend Michelle)
Stamp by Inkadinkado & Stampendous

2 comments:

Sandie C said...

These look great - they could also be made to attach to scissors for when you have friends over and don't want to get yours scissors mixed up.

Sandie C said...

These look great - they could also be made to attach to scissors for when you have friends over and don't want to get yours scissors mixed up.