Monday, May 12, 2008

Pink & Green Chalk


Pink & Green Chalk
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
Hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. We took my mom and MIL to tea, as in British High Tea. No, we didn't dress up or have gloves, but it was still pretty fancy. Lovely cheese scones, blueberry scones, finger sandwiches, and chocolate covered strawberries... yum!

Anyway, got a few minutes to work on some cards yesterday. This is a technique that I was testing out for myself. I'm sure alot of people out there have tried it. This is where you stamp your image, then emboss w/ clear powder then fill in the color with chalk.

I must say, I've tried it, it's neat, but not a huge fan. Frankly, if I'm going to chalk color my image, I think just having a semi-dried Versamark does the trick better, IMHO.

I think I like the clear emboss technique would be great for if I brayer over the image or something. Where I can make the image stands out and color the background. Maybe I'll try that next.

Anyway, this patterned paper has been begging me to play with it for quite some time, so I just messing around.... It's a Just Because card.

Supplies:
Stamp by SU
Patterned Paper by DCWV
Glitter flowers by K&CO.
Ribbon by Michael's

No comments: