Friday, February 29, 2008

St. Patty's Day


St. Patty's Day
Originally uploaded by Patty_kins
I know I'm still early, but truth be told I have been dying to show off these stamps. First of all, my brithday is on Saint Patrick's Day, hence the name. Second, it's really hard to find 'St. Patty's Day' stamps. There's alot of 'St. Patrick's Day' stamps, there's several 'St. Paddy's' stamps, but that's not my name. SO.... it's been a search, really a hunt.

Last year, when I was still working at Archivers (on top of my day job), we had a secret laprechaun, which is really like secret santa. Well, my person got me candy and gave me the clover stamp. That's the first time I've seen a stamp w/ Patty on it, which was why she got it. I went ahead and flocked the stamp, it was kinda fun.

I think the whole flocking thing is really depends on the dispenser. The Fun Flock by Stampenous is just open where you're supposed to pour out like you would with embossing powder then push them in to stick. Well, the ones I got from Hobby Lobby has little holes in the dispenser. Like they would dispense cheese for pizza from a jar. That worked out perfectly, you're not wasting alot of flock, and they won't clump together. For something this detailed, that works great. So, I may go back and try that with the other images I've tried before.

Then, in the recent SU catalog they have a jumbo wheel that has that on there, of course then I have to get it. I searched high and low was hoping to get a jumbo cartridge for that color green. But to no avail. Guess they stopped making alot of the colors for jumbos. So, I just did Versamark on these. It's harder than you think, because I've inked the wheel w/ the ink pad, it's hard to try to wheel it the right direction. Compare to the ease of using the wheel with the cartridge inserted. It's much better in terms of outcome and color and making it looked event. Give it a shot.

Supplies:
Card by DCWV
Lucky stamp by SU
Clover stamp by Stampendous
Brad by Target
Flock by Hobby Lobby

1 comment:

Heather said...

How fun a St. Patrick's Day baby! I never heard of a secret Leprechaun but kind of a cool idea because it is after the holidays.