Friday, February 8, 2008

Sweetie box



I made this for a swap that I'm in. The theme is Vday sweet treat. So, I was pulling my hair out trying to think of something to make. I've done all the cards, none of which I think it's a good selection.... Sad that I'm picky about my own stuff. But, anyway... I was at the Container Store and saw this neat box that you pull and it'll flatten. Co-incidently, I came across this link when I was browsing around for something else. Totally what I was thinking about...

So, here's the final product. The idea is to put some Kisses in the box and it'd be pretty and all. Problem is, how the heck am I going mail it? I can flatten the box and then mail the chocolate, luckily, weather across the country will prevent the chocolate from melting. But.... as you can see where I'm going with this... it's not going to be pretty.

Then, I was thinking, you know instead of candy, maybe I can mail her some blog candy that I've been saving up for the next thing. Maybe that'll work too. Well, I can't decide and have to seriously give it some thought because it's due in the mail by tomorrow. Oops.

Here's the back of the box:


So, with this saying on the back, I HAVE TO mail my swap partner some chocolate. Hmm....

Well, just so you know, the tutorial get you started but doesn't finish off very well. I think because they want you to buy the template from the creator. But, I did recall from Container Store how that works, so I just finished it by interlocking the bottom of the box to make it a box.

I have to say, it is pretty neat. Go check it out.

Supplies:
Front:
Swirl stamps by Hero Arts
Girl stamp by MFT
Back:
Swirl stamp by Hero Arts
Word stamp by Stampin Up
Ribbon by American Craft
Card stock by DCWV

No comments: