Tuesday, August 28, 2007



This is really a CASE from Paper Source's letter press invitation dept. I swear, if I know how to use a letterpress, I'd be thrilled. Or if I can afford one, I'd be thrill too. Those things, if I recall is giangantic.

Ironically, when I was 2, my Dad had lots of business ventures, and actually pretty good artistically. And he bought a letter press that is hand cranked. Don't know how it got there, and don't remember how it left the apartment. Yes, we lived in a tiny apt in Hong Kong. So, don't know how it even made it thru the door. Anyway, now, I wish we have one, isn't that funny?

Don't get me wrong, my dad is alive and well, just that he's not in the printing biz anymore.

The closest I can get to is a Gocco. If you haven't heard of them, they are the Mini-Bake oven equivalent for a printer. There is a Flickr group that is dedicated to Save Gocco. Reason being is that the company that makes Gocco is closing down the division, so no more can be made. Though there are places that will slip out their overstock.

Personally, I still like the wood and the rubber, and now the clear stamp (Woot for my binder full of them), but Gocco is also neat that you can print on fabric and a lot of other materials other than paper. Hey, maybe you can make your own paper to use. Ahhh....

Alright, back to work!

No comments: