Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Loooong weekend




I love long weekends, I think all weekends should be 3 days long. I mean, think about it, you have time to run errands, take care of business, and count in the fact that some businesses closes on Sundays. By the time you catch a movie, talk to friends over lunch, you have one true day of rest. I'm all for it. :P

Anyway, I did work on some cards, more scrap cards than stamp cards, but hey, it's all the same ~ fun for me. :)

These two cards I made to go along w/ a gift cards I had for my 2 DJs at the Sunday night dance. This past Sunday is our 'free' dance at HSDS. Since no one took charge of it, I stepped up and said I'll teach the class, except forgot that I was in charge of the DJs that night too. Seeing that it's a holiday weekend and we can get our top notch to show up and do a shift I was super excited. So, I wanted to give them both a gift card as a thank you.

Since they're both book lovers, a bookstore gift card cannot go wrong. On the flip side, I was dying to make a card, so I said, the heck w/ it, make the cards anyway.

The blue one, it's actually leftover paper from the Box I made back in July. I had already put the layers down already at the time. It didn't speak to me then, so I set it aside. And now, it seems perfect for a Thank You Card. Does that happen to you? Where you get all inspired to do a card and then half way you're stuck? I must've set aside alot of cards that is waiting for them to speak to me.

Anyway, the brown one is actually left over cuts from another card. I just love that teal blue. It's so nice.

Hope you guys had a good weekend too!

Supplies:
Blue Card
Card by SU
Patterned Paper by Autumn Leaves
Thank You stamp by Sassfras Lass


Brown Card
Card by SU
Patterned Paper by Pickles Inc.
Stamp by Stampendous

No comments: